Website unable to access after nameserver has been updated/modified
The sites will be not be functioning while under DNS Propagation
Updating nameserver may take 24-48hours for DNS Propagation
We would suggest you to edit the Hosts file in order to check on whether your site is running well before the change of nameserver. This is the most effective way to verify whether your site is working fine.
Enclosed are the steps on how to achieve it:
Step 1: Identify where is your workstation Hosts file.
- Linux / Unix = /etc/Hosts
- Windows 3.1/95/98ME = c:\windows\Hosts
- Windows NT/2000/XP Pro = c:\winnt\system32\drivers\etc\Hosts or c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\Hosts
- Windows XP Home = c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\Hosts
- Netware = SYS:ETC/Hosts
- Apple = System Folder:Preferences and in the System Folder itself
Step 2: After you have identified the location of respective Hosts File, you may open it with text editor such as notepad under Windows Operating System.
Step 3: As for your case, kindly add the following entry to the Hosts file and it will tell your workstation to direct the domain traffic to respective server.
Step 4: You may now proceed to save the Hosts file and try to browse it from your web browser.
Step 5: Once you have done the testing, you may remove the entry from the Hosts File.
If you are still unable to send, kindly issue a ticket to Support Team