- A DNS record in your Cloudflare DNS app points to one of Cloudflare’s IP addresses.
- An incorrect target is specified for a CNAME record in your Cloudflare DNS app.
- Your domain is not on Cloudflare but has a CNAME that refers to a Cloudflare domain.
Update your Cloudflare A or CNAME record to point to your origin IP address instead of a Cloudflare IP address:
Contact NET to confirm your origin IP address or CNAME record target.
Log in to your Cloudflare account.
Select the domain that generates error 1002.
Select the DNS app.
Click on the Value field for the A record to update.
Update the A record.
To ensure your origin web server doesn’t proxy its own requests through Cloudflare, configure your origin web server to resolve your Cloudflare domain to:
- The internal NAT’d IP address
- The public IP address of the origin web server.