- Occurs when Cloudflare cannot contact your origin web server. A network device between Cloudflare and the origin web server doesn’t have a route to the origin’s IP address.
Step 1: Contact NET Support
Contact NET to exclude the following common causes at your origin web server:
- Confirm the correct origin IP address is listed for A or AAAA records within your Cloudflare DNS app.
- Troubleshoot Internet routing issues between your origin and Cloudflare, or with the origin itself.
Step 2: Request Information
If none of the above leads to a resolution, request the following information from NET or site administrator:
- An MTR or traceroute from your origin web server to a Cloudflare IP address that most commonly connected to your origin web server before the issue occurred. Identify a connecting Cloudflare IP from the logs of the origin web server.
- If you use Railgun via a Cloudflare Hosting Partner, contact your NET to troubleshoot the error.
- If you manage your Railgun installation, provide the following to Cloudflare support:
- A traceroute to your origin web server from your Railgun server.
- The most recent syslog file from your Railgun server.